my computer having some problems for this summer my computer is being always hot and lagging what should i buy to keep my computer cold?

Make sure all the fans, heat-sinks and vents are clean and dust free. A thick layer of dust is also bad for the motherboard components.

Make sure all fans are spinning as they should do.

If the CPU is still overheating, then the thermal grease may have dried out. Take off the CPU cooler, clean of the old grease and apply a very small amount of high quality grease to the CPU and put the cooler back on.

Sure, you could remove the door on the case and put a box fan in front of it, but if your CPU cooler isn't making proper contact or the CPU fan is malfunctioning then it's a band aid fix that may or may not work. If this method does work then your problem could stem from improper air-flow within the case. If it doesn't work, or barely works then you might be having a problem with the heatsink or the fan.

This is one of those occasions where listing the system specs might be useful because Video Cards and processors with 6 or 8 cores have a tendency of running hot and these need good cooling. Companies like HP and Dell like using cases in which the Power Supply is mounted at the top, but the downside to this type of case is the Power Supply is terrible at removing heat from the top of the case.

A fresh from the fridge can of Budweiser.

There are fans to buy, and liquid coolers with radiator/fan/pump to get rid of heat off CPU, GPU chips, RAM, and HDD or SSD units.

Search Google or Duckduckgo for how to.

fix it. if don't know how -- see technician. temporary workaround -- remove left side cover and add airflow via small separate fan

Source(s): homebuilder
  • David

I would investigate why your computer is overheating. A desktop computer should normally be able to deal with summer temps without a problem. The usual problem is that the filters, fans and heatsinks are clogged and need cleaning. This means removing the covers, if you are not comfortable doing that then take it to a tech for a service.

Try a Ventilator. I had the same problem. One year later the PC broke down.