Kevin asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 6 months ago

Would something awful would happen to my entire stomach if I ate my food with a very small flying insect, like a fly, got trapped in it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Except if the fly was pregnant. It could have hundreds of baby flies in your stomach. And Everytime you open your mouth it would look like a cave full of miniature bats had been intruded.

• Ray
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

no it wouldn't, you would be ok

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nope, you've eaten hundreds of bugs that you never even knew were in your food. Rough calculations estimate that the average America eats about 1/4 lb of bugs and bug part each year. The FDA actually has specifications stating how many bug parts are allowed per lb. of various foods.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

this is a crisis, humans are herbivores!!!!!!!! and cannot eat meat not even insects , go to a hospital right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or you may die

Source(s): vegan
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

of course not or we would all have awful stomach issues all the time. You don't want to know how much bug life you actually eat, if the idea disturbs you.

• 6 months ago

Probably the opposite, more healthy than anything else. Consuming arthropods is just something not widely accepted in western cultures, but in truth, a human could survive healthy eating nothing but insects.

Flies don't have much taste at all, neither do bees or other flying insects. The diversity of spiders, they have a variety of flavors, nutty, milky. etc.

Those stink bugs and beetles taste a little like they smell, ants are a bit bitter,they go well with chocolate or honey.

A couple caterpilars around may give upset stomach for being toxic, but put a cup of meal worms in a blender,,chill,,and is a bit like yogurt.

Maybe search up a book called 'Eat-a-bug' cook book,,a good list of healthy insects and recipes.

Go to Cambodia,,find a fly in your soup, they charge extra. Try a dish of fried cockroaches while you are there.

• CRR
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nope. You'll just digest it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No is the short answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.