Can a common house gecko live with only one front leg? How to care for a baby house gecko?

I found my cat playing with something small in the corner of my room and much to my dismay it was a baby gecko. I live in south Florida and found out this is a common house gecko. She tore off its front leg and I just did not have the heart just to throw it outside to die. I took a small mason jar and filled it up... show more I found my cat playing with something small in the corner of my room and much to my dismay it was a baby gecko. I live in south Florida and found out this is a common house gecko. She tore off its front leg and I just did not have the heart just to throw it outside to die. I took a small mason jar and filled it up with some dirt from outside and a lot of grass to keep it comfortable. I’m not even sure if it’ll make it through the night. If this little dude lives does anyone have any tips on caring for a gecko? I’ve never owned one before and I just wanted some care tips, what to feed a baby gecko and what kind of environment a nocturnal gecko needs for a tank. Thanks for your help!
1 answer 1