Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 6 months ago

I m visiting London on vacation and to frank I am not impressed! How do you live in this climate?????

I m visiting London on vacation and to be frank I am not impressed! How do you live in this climate?????? I am from the Pacific Northwest and even I have not encountered rain and gray skies such as this! It is freezing! In June! Also where are the English?? Our hotel staff are all people of color! All of them! Our children are bitterly disappointed and we feel extremely unsafe! Also the prices! I can only assume the English (wherever they are hiding) are on extraordinary wages. $12 for a scoop of ice cream!! Served by an Indian of course.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Rob
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Simple, Darwin theory on evolution states that those species that best adapt to their environment are more likely to survive and us Brits have adapted very nicely to the weather and the fact that we welcome with open arms people from all walks of life to live/work in London is what puts the "Great" in Greater London.

BTW did anyone put a gun to your head and force you to pay out "$12 for a scoop of ice cream!! Served by an Indian" No! Like in the States we have freedom and if you didn't want to pay out that kind of money for an ice cream, you can find a cheaper vendor or go without

• 6 months ago

In Florida i got less rain from a hurricane than London gets in a normal day

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

90% of Britain is White. If you go to the big cities you will find people from all backgrounds. We don’t want racist people like you around so f-ck off!

• F
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Pacific Nw is at least as wet as the UK, and London is normally drier and warmer than most parts. re prices, London has always been a bit of a rip off but go to Paris, New York, Tokyo etc they're all the same. Go to the 3rd world if you want cheap. Re "the English", our governments have embraced diversity and multiculturism which we are told is good for us and if you don't agree you are a racist. Having said that, if you spot a white person, chances are , they are tourists.

• F
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Nice, you don't agree, so you insult me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Very easily. We're used to it. And we're not impressed by racists. You have no reason to feel unsafe except for your prejudice and are very welcome to return to your White ghetto and not come back.

Of course prices are high. It's the capital city.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You sound unrealistic, poorly prepared for your holiday and prejudiced. People of colour may very well be British. Prices in big cities are usually relatively high, our staff are paid at least minimum wage and we don not lower that wage for jobs that are assumed to get tips from customers. What are your children afraid of?

• 6 months ago

Don't be frank be Sandra

• 6 months ago

I am not impressed with the load of nonsense you post you also sound like a racist.

• Mercury
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

It was very warm in London yesterday.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

English people INCLUDE people of colour. Your racism is not welcome in London.

Weather varies. Next week it may be 25 degrees. Climate change is also affecting things.

And it's a major international city - just like those across the world, it's more expensive than other places

• 6 months ago

BS. Been to Seattle you get a lot of rain. Tourists do not have a lot of fun exploring in the rain.

Our hotel staff are all people of color! and in Seattle they are full of...?

Our children are bitterly disappointed. Really? They were expecting?

Also the prices! Try the tourist hot spots in Seattle their prices are outrages too.

Visit the needle $26 to park $37 to go up a rickety 50 year old thing Then the food prices up top!!!

A fantastic monorail WOW 90 seconds. that's all folks.

Big cities are expensive to visit. Too bad you did not use a travel Agent familiar with London to get you a deal.

The roman walls are free to visit. A Dozen Free museums and Galleries.

Rough Trade East for the children's musical things for their gadget.

Not hard to find low cost places to sleep huge list of quite adequate places for the tourist.if you know where to look. 3 star hotel less than $60 this week with FREE breakfast. Take less than 30 seconds. There are cheaper places but did not bother to search more.

Enjoy your visit in spite of the weather. Suggest you try some of the indoor places.Many are FREE.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.