Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 8 months ago

Why are people still waiting in long checkout lines rather than those self serve checkouts?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because they'd have to put their phone down and do the work themselves and they just can't do that so they'd rather stand in line and complain.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Heike
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Using the checkout lines keeps the staff in a job.

• james
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Gives them more time to talk on the phone. & also there is a person there to down grade when you set your phone down.

• 8 months ago

Tell you why...I'm paying for them, the check-out cashiers, to do the work. Their pay comes out of my money for the purchases. So I put them to work. At the self-serve I have to do all the work and I don't even get a discount for doing it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

What's next? Unload the trucks and stock the shelves ourselves too? Part of the price of the goods includes check out service. Give me a discount to perform that task myself.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It s awkward to have someone approach you at the self checkout when you re trying to reposition big heavy items to aim the scan gun at the bar code, and they re acting like you re trying to rip them off rather than just plain having decided to buy multiple items, some large, some small. If you go through the self checkout, you don't want to stand around with someone else. Might as well go to the long checkout line.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I hate being forced to use the self checkout. You pay a fortune for groceries and they expect you to do all the work, too!

Lv 7
    8 months ago

To buy products that require ID.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you have a lot to check out, I go to the checkout lines, but when I have a one or just a few items I go to self checkout.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.