Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 year ago

Where do I go for anxiety medication?

I am going on a plane for the first time next week and am already having anxiety attacks just thinking about it. Where would I go to get something to take for the plane flight so I don’t panic?

• Rogue
    1 year ago

Try a walk in clinic if there is one available in your area, and explain your problem to the doctor there. Other possibilities are Gravol or Stemetil tablets. They are used for motion sickness, but are great to relax you also. Follow the instructions on the bottle. One time while traveling, my wife took two before going to the airport. When we got to the airport, she said the Gravol wasn't working, so took two more. She slept from Vancouver Canada to Mexico ( six and a half hours ).

• 1 year ago

If you can't or don'nt want to see a doctor, take a shot of brandy or other spirit, a few minutes before getting on. Then maybe during the flight ask the attendant for a glass of wine or something. Don't guzzle it, just sip it down.

But you can't get tranquilizers from the drug store, at least not in the US.

• MS
    1 year ago

You will have to see your doctor, who will determine if your anxiety is significant enough to warrant medication. The medications for anxiety are by prescription only.

1 year ago

Anxiety about flying is not a real problem.

1 year ago

I'm sure your friendly neighborhood drug dealer would have something to mellow you out

• 1 year ago

you can ask your PCP

• 1 year ago

YOUR DOCTOR

Then to the pharmacy. Not very expensive.

• 1 year ago

Go to a doctor to get a prescription for something.

• 1 year ago

Just have a few whiskeys or shots of something strong. I do wvery time.

You will probably crash and die so get drunk

• Lili
    1 year ago

You'll have to see a doctor. Anti-anxiety meds are available by prescription only; they are controlled substances. Doctors don't particularly like to prescribe them so normally will give you only limited, short-term prescriptions.

Flying is easy and safer than riding in a car. Don't worry. You will be fine.