Anonymous

Walmart won’t hire be back?

Worked at Walmart for a year. Started in 2016 and I quit in 2017. It was really a no call no show. But I was told it says I was fired in the system. I called in and talked to a manager each and every time I missed a shift.. My best friend was killed in a car crash in 2017. From the day she died up until to her funeral. I hadn’t been to work. Didn’t think I could get time off. With her not being immediate family. Her death really negativity affected me. I shut completely down. I was depressed, and was suffering from severe anxiety. It’s been 2 years since then. I’ve been trying to get back into a Walmart store and have been treated like a criminal. I was told my points would eventually fall off or something. Are they still in the system or did they ever fall off? I was told after 6 months they would be gone, and I could reapply and then after that I was told it would take a year. It’s been 2. I don’t want to sound entitled at all, Walmart doesn’t owe me anything. I just want to be treated fairly and not like a criminal who committed crimes while at work. Ive never been arrested. No criminal background. I’ve had different jobs since then. Could my points be holding me back from getting called? Are they still showing up in the system? I wish I would’ve communicated better with management instead of trying to handle things on my own. I know losing and replacing me cost the company money. I wish I would’ve done a lot of things different.

sdfasd

walmart

walmart

Try another Walmart. In between jobs I worked there 3 times and every time I just never showed up and every time I was rehired.

You will never be hired at Wal-Mart again, your excuse is totally unbelievable and will not be accepted as valid

You would have the same results at any employer

Expect never to work for Walmart again. Anyone who is no-call, no-show is typically barred forever from rehire. Ditto for anyone fired for any reason, including no-call, no-show. Move on.

You have the right to detail how sincerely beneficial you were to Walmart. This should make a meriting appeal

Nobody asked! Hahah

It is simple.

YOU had a difficult time.

YOU did not show up for work.

YOU and Walmart parted company.

They do have a points system and the points drop off overtime.

Suggest you go into a store and speak with senior management that can explain your situation.

Tens of thousand apply every month for jobs

They do not have to rehire you. They can.

You are not a criminal just a person that did not show up for work.

I know losing and replacing me cost the company money. I wish I would’ve done a lot of things different.

A harsh lesson in what one does when they need extra time off to deal with issues off work.