Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaOther - Latin America · 2 years ago

Are there any South American country that does not have a drug problem?

I live in Colombia and I all but a very few people i know don't do drugs or even drink. And like any city you can find all the crime you want if you go to the bad neighborhoods but I will say there is a little more crime even in the best parts of the cities.  The big thing is motorcyvles sneaking up on you silently and snatching your phone out of your hands if you're dumb enough to be using it in the open.  

• 1 year ago

I've been watching shows about stopping drugs leaving the countries of Colombia and Peru. They mentioned that drug problems are all over - either in the competitive and dangerous world of providing them or the many countries that smuggle them in to use them, including now Japan even.

Are there any north American countries without a drug problem?

• gerald

South ?

Every country has a drug problem. Including the USA. If the USA wasn't a large market for drugs. there would be no problem.

No.

• ?

What nation doesn't have some sort of problem?

With South America, I think it's who has the least amounts of problems. I don't have stats in front of me but I'd guess Argentina or Chile. Or perhaps Venezuela right now, given that they have all sorts of other problems. Normally that'll push people towards drugs but right now a loaf of bread costs about a barrel full of the local currency so most people can't even transport the money needed to pay for the drugs.

You mean not like America?

Nope. They have very little trouble beyond competitors in supplying the drug habits in the USA

Most of the problems come from them supplying the American appetite for drugs.