Hot sauce recommendations?

I'm trying to find a really spicy (but tasty) hot sauce for my friend's birthday. He recently got an Asian one that was hot, but not edible. I personally don't like spicy food, so I don't know enough about this. Any recommendation? I'd really like to burn his face off :]

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

He could try sarachi sauce. You can find it at the Walmart for under $3. I buy it all of the time when I have Thai dinner. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I like one called Arizona Gunslinger, many people like Tabasco,Chipotle & Habanero sauces

• chorle
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

My favorite is Frank's Hot Sauce but Dave's Hot sauce is really hot

• Janet
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

This is an unkind idea.

You should try to be a better person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

I was surprised to note that Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce has a nice flavor in addition to a little heat.

Always fun to learn new things.

• CB
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Inner Beauty or Lotties Traditional Barbados hot sauces are very good - no burn you face off but seriously good hot sauce (mustard based).

Sriracha, again not burn your face off but hot enough for a gremie. The really hot sauces are mostly just nasty, bitter, flavorless food additives at best.

Source(s): I was a chilehead for years and when the dust cleared it came down to two sauces Sriracha and Inner Beauty (I used to make my own inner beauty as it was out of production for quite a long while).
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Any sort of habanero sauce is going to be really, really hot. The problem with super hot sauces is that all you taste is "hot".

Two hot sauces I always have on hand are Frank's and Sriracha (sometimes called Rooster sauce or if you're my teenage nephews...."c o c k" sauce.). There is nothing ground-breaking about these sauces and they are readily available in pretty much any grocery store.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.