lando asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 8 months ago

Why do southern states think it is okay to wave confederate flag year round but think it is wrong to wave the pride flag during pride week?

The confederate flag symbolizes racism and traitors . The point of the civil war was to fight to stop slavery. The big resurgence of the confederate flag and confederate monuments was to show backlash to minorities seeking civil rights. If someone says it is to honor the soldiers then why honor them when they war at their worst being treasonous. The pride flag symbolizes acceptance and inclusion and diversity.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because most Southerners are homophobic and view homosexuality as a sin.

• 8 months ago

Once again, you subhumans prove your hypocrisy. You want to fly your disgusting and offensive flag yet burst into tears when other people want to fly their flags.

People died for the Confederate flag. Nobody ever died for the rainbow flag, although you degenerates deserve nothing but death in the worst ways imaginable. I don't like the Confederacy but I support their right to be proud of their heritage. At least the Confederate flag is not an insult to Christian, moral, and normal people.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

The North's reason for the war was to stop the South from seceding from the Union.

• true8 months agoReport

The south wanted to separate to continue slavery

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

the confederate flag symbolizes southern pride racists used the confederate flag that gave it a bad meaning, pride flags and pride month is useless, if anything our veterans deserve a whole month for giving us the ability to even have pride parades and pride flags the pride flag is basically like a participation trophy you get from playing baseball in 4th grade.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

You fail American history. You also have no clue of the confederates or their flag.

Now just what does some foreigner think they have right to question the US, it history, or its flag.

You know, back when I went to school, American history was mandated and counted as pass or fail to graduate.

A student would have to be a perfect straight A to fail that and graduate.

You could do with some serious study of the war between the north and the south.

Learn our flag and what it represents.

• 8 months ago

despite what you mom, your teachers and the TV has told you all your life, not every one of your feelings is a universal truth that must be affirmed by the world..... and not every one who has a different opinion than you is doing so for the specific purpose of hurting you...

• lando8 months agoReport

So why affirm the history of racist with the confederate flag. Why are you so threatened by the GLBT flag

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The pride flag is islamophobic actually

• blu
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The confederate flag means different things to different people. However, it went up on some southern state Capitol grounds (early 1960s) in opposition to civil rights. It no longer does because of activism that considered it offensive.

The rainbow flag doesn't carry dispute about what it means. Personally, I don't care if people are gay. The flag is nondescript to me. I'm for equality, waving the gay flag on Capitol grounds sounds like favoritism to me.

• humpty
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The proud descendants of traitors have never really given up the idea of secession. Like the Germans after 1918, they are simply biding their time and waiting for "Der Tag."

The second time the Germans tried it we made sure they learned their lesson. Neoconfederates should think about that long and hard.

• ...Show all comments
    • blu
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

It's true the white supremacists at Charlottesville waved both confederate and nazi flags ... trump referred to them as 'very fine people' where he should be demanding zero tolerance like he does for people south of the border.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

there's no comparing those two ....................... butt-fuc#ers ........................

• Pascal the Gambler
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

You're right, it's insulting to gay people to compare them to racist scumbags.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Most conservatives don't give a crap what consenting adults do in private. We do have a problem with people who base their entire identity on sex.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.