Building PCs for a living?

Hey guys, I want to start by pointing out that I'm 19 years old, unfortunately I never finished high school, and I'm currently working on getting my GED. I've been working minimum wage for almost a year now, and like most people in my situation, I would rather not be making Tacos at Taco Bell for the... show more Hey guys, I want to start by pointing out that I'm 19 years old, unfortunately I never finished high school, and I'm currently working on getting my GED. I've been working minimum wage for almost a year now, and like most people in my situation, I would rather not be making Tacos at Taco Bell for the rest of my life. I would really like to do something with computers, for I find myself with a strange obsession and passion for building computers. My current computer has become my money dump, and I think itd be really cool to build computers for a living or something of the such. I'm not the most experienced builder, but there's an extremely invigorating sensation for me when I watch a final build come to life. I almost wish I could just build my own computers, but obviously Im not exactly going to shell out 1-2k$ just for the satisfaction of building some high-end PC. I guess I'm asking for advice maybe? Is there a certain direction I could go to pursue such a career? I think it'd be awesome to maybe run my own business building high-end workstations and gaming computers, but would such a business even be viable? Are there already big businesses looking for people like me? Just looking for advice, still learning the ropes of "the real world."
8 answers 8