Thinking about selling my dream car for a gt mustang?

I have gotten a Civic Type-R which is my absolute dream car. I still quite a bit on it, but have the itch to get a Mustang GT. I have never had a muscle car (v8) engine, which I am still curious about. I can't currently afford both, so it would be either or the other. The fun of the Type-R has kind of left, because I would like to modify it, but family and friends always saying don't, because the car is one of kind and will drop the value of the car. Where as the Mustang is a more common car, and I wouldn't necessarily care about the resale value like with the Type-R. Looking for advice.

I meant I still owe quite a bit on it*.

There is a very strange (although somewhat compelling) compromise - some psycho at Ford decided to drop a 2.3L Turbo 4cyl. (producing 310 Horsepower and 350 ft/lb of torque into a Mustang.

No offense, but Civic Type R's aren't exactly "one of a kind" They sell about 6000 per year in the U.S. It's not nearly as common as other Civics, but as far as high performance models go it's not super rare or anything. There's a about a half dozen of them at every Cars & Coffee I go to. For comparison Ford typically made around 3000-4000 Cobra Mustangs a year during the mid-late 90's and those weren't considered particularly rare. A rare Honda would be an Integra Type R or U.S. spec NSX.

As for your question, If you're upside down on the car, then don't do it. If you have positive equity in the car, then it's your call. If the Civic Type R is your dream car, I'd keep it. And some mods are completely reversible,so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Stop wasting money unnecessarily.

Because I found some with a lower internet price $28,000 for a '19gt new and the Type-R, based on KBB I will get ~$6,000 over pay out price. That money as you know would go toward the down payment of the GT mustang. If they would be more to decrease the price, then yeah it might come out cheaper than my current car.

• .

The V8-powered GT starts at $35,095 and you still owe a lot of money on your current car.

How will you pay for this?