Isabella asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 6 months ago

Joining the swim team for the first time as a senior. Any tips or advice?

I have never swam competitively before, and I’m not a strong swimmer to begin with. But I know good swimmers that can help me train (my aunt was on the US dive team). The season starts this August, so I have a month to train. I have a pool in my backyard and plan to swim every day for about an hour so I can build up the strength that I’m lacking. My pool isn’t open yet but it should be soon. I’m inexperienced and also very nervous, but I convinced my friend to do it with me so that gives me a little extra motivation. I decided to do this because I need to be more athletically involved and it is a good way to increase my chances of getting accepted into a college or being granted a scholarship. And I know this is going to be tough, and to be honest I don’t know if I will be able to do it. But I know what the right thing to do is and I’m not going to let my lack of self confidence stop me from doing it. But yeah, I basically wrote out my entire situation and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice. Or if there’s anything I should know before joining the team

Join. Then we have the chance of you drowning and never having to read your rude, clueless, snotty teenager comments again.

You would do better to train in a much bigger pool. Probably a public pool to build up endurance,