What is your stance on illegal immigration, and which state do you live in?

I live in Connecticut, which is quite far from the border, so I'm interested in hearing the opinions of people living in states that are located in other parts of the country/close to the border.

I'd like to know which state you live in, and what your stance on illegal immigration is.

** (If you’re not comfortable saying which state you live in, could you name the region of the country it’s located in?)

IT SHOULD BE A FELONY WITH 5 YEARS OF HARD LABOR FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE, 10 YEARS OF HARD LABOR FOR THE SECOND OFFENSE AND IF THEY TRY TO COME INTO THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY A THIRD TIME, WE SIMPLE SHOOT THEM

Its illegal so that should be a non partisian, non politicized issue and its self explainitory.

How anyone should feel about it is already built into the name. Either you respect the law or you dont, Its that simple.

ALL ILLEGALS should be sent back to their country of origin. Mexican, chinease, flippino, russian, haitian, cuban.. makes NO DIFFERENCE DEPORT then all NO MATTER THE AGE and stop allowing anchor babies..

• DwB

I don't understand why they just dont come into the Country legally and they have nothing to worry about. NJ

they need to be deported because things are ridiculous here in los angeles

I live in California, where we know that the U.S. needs illegal immigration. Our farms produce more food than those of any other state, and we wouldn't be able to produce this much without illegal immigrants.

CT is loaded with illegal aliens. E.g. Danbury, a town of 75,000 then, saw 15,000 illegal aliens, predominantly Guatemalans, move in within less than 18 months. It's chaos. IF you have not made sure you have uninsured motorists coverage on your car insurance, you're delusional & totally out of touch with reality (according to statistics from several insurance agents & others I've talked to recently) as the numbers of unlicensed & uninsured drivers - all illegal aliens - in CT have more than quadrupled in less than a decade. Stamford has a HUD public housing building for which nearly 100% of the units have illegal aliens living there. Meanwhile, CT's low-income senior & disabled citizens are waiting 5-8 years for subsidized housing.

Zero tolerance for visa/immigration violators.

• `

Get in line, wait your turn, come legally.

I have many close friends who did just that.

It CAN be done.

Not for everyone who'd like to be here.

But, face it, we're only one nation and made up of mortals and dealing with scarcities.

.

Each individual person has my empathy. But America cannot take care of the entire world. People coming into our country are unskilled and uneducated. We have a massive horde of people competing with our most vulnerable citizens for entry level jobs. The average unpapered non-citizen consumes about $60 thousand more in benefits than she pays in taxes. Our national debt is about $22 trillion and when it reaches about $30 trillion we will not be able to control inflation any more. Our democracy may die. The good news is that I will be dead and it will be your problem.

To solve illegal immigration, just repeal the law that makes illegal immigrants illegal.

After that, there will be no more illegal immigrants

• Bill G

If they passed a law saying stupid people are not stupid, it would not change the fact that you are actually stupid.