Does Disney World require more walking than Washington DC?

I live in NYC so I always thought I was used to walking since I literally walk everywhere I go. But I just came from a three day trip to Washington DC and walked around 9-13 miles each day. I toured most of the museums and walked the National Mall and now, my feet are killing me. I can't believe with all the walking I do here in NYC, the walking I did in DC still killed my legs.

I would like to go to Disney World at some point in the future, but I heard that kind of vacation will require a lot of walking as well. So, I need to prep for that if I want to get my money's worth.

So, does Disney World require more walking than DC? Or about the same?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Certainly not any less. Though I suppose you could minimize it with careful planning.

Course rarely do I plan. Winging it is part of the fun. Make sure you have comfortable shoes on, and not your flip-flops.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Been to both places. And yep, Disney World requires stamina and lots of walking. And Epcot Center is a must while you're there. More walking.

• 8 months ago

No. At Disney, you spend most of the time standing on line.

• 8 months ago

I think the bigger problem in WDW is the amount of standing and waiting you do inline. You could find yourself standing in line for 45min+ at some attractions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

We usually walk anywhere from 5-7 miles a day at Disney World. We usually do a park a day and make our way around it, sometimes having to go back and forth. I did feel that our trip to DC was more physically tiring than our trips to Disney World have been.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

In some ways, yes. WDW is actually FIVE parks and you have to drive between them or take a Disney bus. But once in each park, there isn't THAT much walking to do, with the possible exception of the main park (the one with the Castle and Space Mountain.)

• 8 months ago

You cannot bring vehicle while visiting Disney World, if you are tired of walking, why don't you use a public transportation and make it easier?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

they rnight but sorne places rnight have scooters you can get around in if you have trouble walking long distances

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.