can a person become a beneficiary who has a will after a person dies?

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

Please make your question more clear.

Always fun trying to decipher someone's babbling thoughts.

Can person send a will to to someone to sign and they lives in another state? My niece sent my very sick sister her mother in a nursing home in NJ a will to sign, while she was living in Florida , she had a notary who is her friend to come and do the paper work, and my sister two friends to be witness, she had put her brother name on the will but he knew nothing about the will is this willlegal?

• olivia

On the off chance that there is a substantial Will, the perished individual will have picked their very own Beneficiaries. ... When somebody bites the dust without a Will (called passing on 'intestate') at that point before it very well may be resolved who the Beneficiaries are, the initial step is to build up who ought to oversee the Estate.

if Your name is in the will before a person dies you can be not after.

• Kelly

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but I think you're asking can someone else's beneficiary receive that person's portion of their estate in another persons estate/will? The answer is yes and no.

You can only receive anything upon someone else's death if you are specifically named in their will or if you are an heir/descendant of someone in their will who has already died.

If your spouse is named in a their parents will, and your spouse dies before them... that doesn't entitled you to receive anything from their parents estate but your spouses kids can.

My dad died before his dad. My grandpa had my dad as a beneficiary in his will and since he was deceased my brothers and I received his portion of the estate. My mom was married to my dad at the time of his death and had a will leaving her everything, but that estate had nothing to do with my grandpa's.

For insurance policies, you can't be listed as a beneficiary after the person has died (at minimal that would be fraud). If the person somehow had nobody listed, it would be paid to their estate.

All insurances require you to list a beneficiary when you get the insurance. So no, you can't become the beneficiary after a person dies.

See your previous question. If you are the beneficiary listed on the insurance policy, you receive the money. Not anyone listed in the will. The will cannot dictate insurance beneficiaries.