me asked in EnvironmentConservation · 8 months ago

Why is it that boxes of new shoes always have paper wrapped all the way around the shoes?

I like to go running three times a week and a podiatrist told me to get new running shoes every 250 miles I run, so I buy new running shoes often. Every pair of running shoes I buy has paper wadded up inside the shoe and paper wrapped all the way around the shoes. I'm all about conservation and preserving the environment, so that just seems like a waste of paper to me. Why do shoe companies waste paper this way?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The paper wrapped around the shoes stops the shoes from scuffing each other. The paper inside of the shoes helps them keep their shape if the box gets squished.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Last time I checked, paper is a renewable resource, and it is also recyclable.

• 8 months ago

It isn't a waste. The paper inside the shoes allows them to keep their shape. The paper outside keeps them from rubbing against each other or the box during transport which could result in them having to be sold at a discount.

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Its to stop the shoes marking each other in the box - I save the paper and use it as packing in my suitcase, or shred it and use as packaging in gifts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.