Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 6 months ago

where can I buy sulphuric acid online in the UK?

for my home, I do not have a registered company

8 Answers

Relevance
  • roger
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In the USA you can buy it as drain cleaner i do not know about UK.

• Joe
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

So why did you bother answering, Einstein ??

• 5 months ago

it's the UK, you probably need a few different permits and licenses to posses it, and then a few different permits and licenses to use it and don't forget the waiver that say you won't be throwing it at peoples faces

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Go ask them there about it

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

What secret are you making??

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The reason one can't get it in their home is because it has no purpose in the home beyond drain cleaner. And the storage issues. If you have legitimate need get legitimacy.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You don't need it for your home.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You cant if you do not have a Home Office licence. It is now a criminal offence for members of the public to possess sulphuric acid above 15% concentration without a licence, with offenders facing a 2-year prison sentence and an unlimited fine.

• M.
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Unlimited fine?
      How much is that?

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Online probably won't work, as you'll find that nobody will ship it to you. Instead go somewhere that sells battery acid. You can concentrate it (at your own peril) if need be.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Snezzy (not Sneezy) knows how to make bombs, but gave it up when the novelty wore off, which would be when he was maybe 8 or 11 years old. Sulphuric acid is unnecessary for bomb making. Read the book "Ignition!" by John Drury Clark for some insights into violent chemistry. It IS rocket science.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.