Raghavendran asked in SportsCricket · 9 months ago

Why don't Americans and Chineese play criket like Indians do?

So, that who among the 3 wins.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Americans once played cricket and baseball, in the mid-1800s, and Americans decided that they liked baseball better. By the time the legendary W G Grace was becoming the first cricket 'superstar', there were already competing professional baseball leagues in the US. And by the time the greatest batsman ever in Test Cricket, Don Bradman, was dominating his sport, Babe Ruth was near the end of his legendary career.

And I'll bet that most Americans have never heard of either W G Grace or Don Bradman. Americans have little interest in cricket. I'll bet fewer than 1% of adults in the US know that cricket is playing its World Cup right now.

As an American, I can't speak for the Chinese. As an American that knows a little about history, I suspect the reason cricket is so popular in India and Pakistan and Australia and in parts of the Caribbean (formerly known as the West Indies) is because those territories were once colonies of the UK and it was introduced there and it caught on there. America gained its independence from the UK well over 100 years earlier than India and Pakistan did and sort of developed a natural reluctance to British influences, wanting to go its own direction - and it did that with many forms of entertainment. Most of the rest of the world calls the game Americans refer to as soccer, football, because Americans developed their own, significantly different game of football.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Sunsu
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

"will attract a restocking fee which is fixed at the lesser of price paid or current market value less 15%."

Does this mean 15% of purchase price, or 75% of it?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They have other sports which is popular there. The British didn't invaded China so they couldn't introduce cricket there. Baseball is also like cricket which is very popular in America. Baseball was famous among poor English people and cricket was popular among elite English people. But that was the matter in past. Now, there is no such thing as being rich or poor to play a particular sport.

• 9 months ago

They're better spellers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Because nobody on Earth understands the rules

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.