Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 6 months ago

How long have you been a Caffeine addict?

I think that I started drinking caffeine at age 10. I am 26 now.

I think that I quit it for two months once.

Haha. Yeah! The slight high is great. I also love Yerba Mate with a passion :) It's so nice. I started drinking these Yerba Mate iced teas that have 150 mg of caffeine in them per can though, and then I started taking caffeine pills, but I stopped those, and now coffee barely energizes me anymore. I have to drink quite a bit of it to get the same buzz. Although, maybe I am more energized than I realize ;) Haha.

36 years baby. 3 pints of pure black coffee in the morning, and another 3 at 1:00 lol.

I never was. I don't get addicted to things though

not true...when I make tea in tea maker I use half regular and half decalf

I don't think I'm an addict, but I have been habituated to the beverage, for 70 years now. I don't have withdrawal symptoms when I don't have my coffee before going to the lab for a fasting test, so I don't think its and addiction.

You don't drink caffeine. You drink sodas or coffee that has caffeine in it.

• I started drinking coffee as a kid and have consumed it (and Diet Coke) all my life. For some reason, I have really never been addicted. I've been through days with no caffeine and no effect. Don't know why??

been drinking it rnost of rny life but i havent drank sodas in 10 yrs, just coffee

• Janet

I quit when it started giving me heart palpitations.

I always quit during the weekends, and usually don't drink more than one cup per day, tops, (sometimes none), when I'm on holiday. So.. I don't really think I'm an addict. Although I find coffee VERY helpful at work, due to the extra energy it gives me! And I also quite enjoy the slight high of it. :)

EDIT: nice!! I wish they had caffeine pills here, too! They don't sell them at pharmacies, to my knowledge.. Perhaps they're illegal, or something. Drug laws here are stupid. LOL. :-P

Probably if you completely quit it for a week or two..? You'll feel it WAY more strongly, after that! As.. that's how long it might take to COMPLETELY wean yourself off of it, I've heard.. ;) Although I'm sure you can be very energetic anyway, yes! I sure am, too.. I've got all this excitement, and passion, and "yayyyyy, life!!!", on a good day! Although not so much on a bad day. But oh well.. That's alright, too. :)

at least 25 years, BUT, I can kick it anytime I want .........................!!!