Un-cooperational 6 year old, just a phase or a real problem?

My 6 year old son seems to want to oppose anything I ask. Here are some examples of an average day. Get dressed please I ask "Nope. I don't want to go to school today" "you have to go to school, it's time to get dressed so we aren't late" I say "nope I don't want to go to... show more My 6 year old son seems to want to oppose anything I ask. Here are some examples of an average day.
Get dressed please I ask "Nope. I don't want to go to school today"
"you have to go to school, it's time to get dressed so we aren't late" I say
"nope I don't want to go to school"
"you have to get dressed otherwise you are going to school in your pajamas"
Then he cries and says "Help me dressed mom!! Take off my pyjamas for me, help me put on my pants, put on my socks"
So I give in and dress him, so we can get to school on time.
This drives me insane but it's becoming the regular.
Same thing with swimming lessons, except he doesn't want to pack his swim bag. He doesn't want to go and fights it until we are almost late.
Same thing with any activity. We suggest he start taking off the training wheels to learn how to ride without, and he outright refuses and pouts. We took the training wheels off one night while he was in bed and he had a fit when he saw and started trying to put them back on himself.

HOW do I get my son to listen and be willing to try new things. Every.Single.Thing is a fight.