Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 6 months ago

Work calling me at 4am?

I work in a care home and my boss called me at 4am.on my day off. 4am?? I feel that's taking the piss especially when they know I have two small children. What do you think??

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

No he should not

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Thats EW that he wold do that too a women sorry but what a pig.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Certain careers, and you are in one of them are 24/7. Your boss has the responsibility to ensure full shift coverage, even at 4 am. Not sure what your employment agreement is, but likely this type of thing is covered somewhere.

• 6 months ago

well you did say it was your day off right so technically you dont have to go to work so i dont know why your boss called you on your day off seems like a weird thing to call someone on their day off to work even when you do have two children to look after. i would find another job or talk with the boss about this and see what they say.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

unplug the phone.

• 6 months ago

are you gonna get extra cash for that?

• B nice
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

He has a family!!! 💛 you DO need sleep to stay healthy esp.soul, mind, body, spiritual Needs!

Then he has to deal with kids too..(💛)..

I'm sure your a good worker who needs money to feed the kids... Pay rent, etc

Just do something to mute that phone. You'll thank me🧡🧡🧡, sincerely

Source(s): Been there
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

If you were "on call" there is no issue. Otherwise set your phone to silent to avoid further disturbances.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Did someone call out ?

Were they looking for you to cover the shift ?

In most nursing homes and assisted living places you have to work week ends ...2 on 2 off during the month.

• Frenchie876 months agoReport

No at my place its different. They no i can't work weekends as i can't get childcare.

• 6 months ago

Assuming this wasn't an emergency of some sort I think you might consider getting a new job, if you can. This is really annoying and if he's this much of a jerk then I'm sure he's doing other equally annoying things as well. Get a new job and then start calling him a few times at 4 am saying you just wanted to shoot the breeze.

• GEEGEE
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

why is he a jerk? It's his job to have full staff coverage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.