Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 6 months ago

Work calling me at 4am?

I work in a care home and my boss called me at 4am.on my day off. 4am?? I feel that's taking the piss especially when they know I have two small children. What do you think??

No he should not

Thats EW that he wold do that too a women sorry but what a pig.

• GEEGEE

Certain careers, and you are in one of them are 24/7. Your boss has the responsibility to ensure full shift coverage, even at 4 am. Not sure what your employment agreement is, but likely this type of thing is covered somewhere.

well you did say it was your day off right so technically you dont have to go to work so i dont know why your boss called you on your day off seems like a weird thing to call someone on their day off to work even when you do have two children to look after. i would find another job or talk with the boss about this and see what they say.

unplug the phone.

are you gonna get extra cash for that?

• B nice

He has a family!!! 💛 you DO need sleep to stay healthy esp.soul, mind, body, spiritual Needs!

Then he has to deal with kids too..(💛)..

I'm sure your a good worker who needs money to feed the kids... Pay rent, etc

Just do something to mute that phone. You'll thank me🧡🧡🧡, sincerely

Source(s): Been there

If you were "on call" there is no issue. Otherwise set your phone to silent to avoid further disturbances.

Did someone call out ?

Were they looking for you to cover the shift ?

In most nursing homes and assisted living places you have to work week ends ...2 on 2 off during the month.

• Frenchie876 months agoReport

No at my place its different. They no i can't work weekends as i can't get childcare.

Assuming this wasn't an emergency of some sort I think you might consider getting a new job, if you can. This is really annoying and if he's this much of a jerk then I'm sure he's doing other equally annoying things as well. Get a new job and then start calling him a few times at 4 am saying you just wanted to shoot the breeze.

• GEEGEE

why is he a jerk? It's his job to have full staff coverage.