Senior Citizens what would you call a good balanced main meal of the day. Please say which country you are from?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A small amount of meat or other protein and mostly mixed vegetables, lightly cooked. Take advantage of whatever vegetables are in season as they'll be more reasonably priced that others. I'm from U.K.

• 5 months ago

uk, five fresh veggies, steamed or microwaved with fresh hummus and pittta bread followed by natural yogurt and fruit.

• kim
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

When your a senior your stomach talks to you. It says often to me, soup and sandwich only. Because it at this age cant handle heavy meats or spicy stuff. I like an English muffin or scone and, maybe scrambled eggs. Coffee.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

USA born. Breakfast choices: Oatmeal, yogurt, cereal (with fruit) or toast, bacon & eggs.

Lunch: Sandwich with side dish and dessert.

Dinner: Meat, vegetable, bread, dessert.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I try to always have some kind of protein (meat or cheese), a vegetable and fruit. We eat a lot of chicken (roasted), a green vegetable such as English peas or green beans, and a piece of fruit. My husband likes bread with his meals. We drink fruit juices a lot. We use Stevia as a sweetener when we have iced tea, and on rare occasions we have ice cream as a dessert at dinner. USA

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I don't eat well balanced meals every day, but when I do it's always something I've cooked myself. I don't trust restaurant food for fresh ingredients.

To me a well balanced meal would be maybe some homemade soup with beans, ham hocks & bacon & vegetables, fresh backed bread, and fresh fruit for dessert.

I live in the U.S.A.

• 6 months ago

Best check in rice and roasted beef.

• Beach Life
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Cooking a roast is a lot of work for a senior, not to mention all the clean up. But the roast sounds tasty.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

at least half a pound of cooked vegetables, some protein, and some potatoes/rice/grains/noodles

• 6 months ago

Chicken cutlets, baked potato's, green peas and pumpkin.......Australia.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm from Brazil. And I wish I could have brown rice, beans, ground beef, vegetables, green leafy salad with tomatoes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.