How do I get over my disappointment over missing my 2nd cousin's wedding and not being asked? Can he still count as a close relative?

Not hurt or mad at all. It is perfectly understandable as I am sure there are about 100 2nd cousins. So it is not that I am taking any of it personally or anything. However, she had hoped to have my branch of the family. So as of last Christmas I was really excited for it. However, I found out in spring that he had... show more Not hurt or mad at all. It is perfectly understandable as I am sure there are about 100 2nd cousins. So it is not that I am taking any of it personally or anything. However, she had hoped to have my branch of the family. So as of last Christmas I was really excited for it. However, I found out in spring that he had to downsize the wedding list and is only having 1st cousins and the one group of 2nd cousins that are the closest and have a grandmother living nearby. So my Chicago branch won't be asked.

Again, all perfectly understandable and by no means am I offended or anything. However, I was so excited about the wedding and a possible California trip for it. I had heard "we look forward to having all of you" when the engagement was announced last summer.

So how do I get over my disappointment about this? Do not count as a close relative to this cousin if not asked?
Update: Meant to say at the end do I count as a close relative still, not does not but do I.