Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

What’s up with her?

My ex girlfriend who I was with for about 7 months has been giving me all sorts of mixed signals. She is younger than me (I’m 20) and she has a boyfriend too. Her boyfriend is out of High school and is now gonna go to a college about two hours away. Anyways, back to the story, we broke up because she felt like she was tearing her family apart because it was, but towards the end of the relationship her grandmother who owns a restaurant offered me a job and I accepted it (better pay) and my ex works there too. My ex playfully makes fun of me calling me stupid, idiot, so on and go, it seems like every single time I talk about a co worker guy that likes me she makes a joke of it and then laughs her butt off too and smiles and so on. But on the other hand, she purposely tells my my other co workers about her relationship when I am around so I can hear on purpose. She’s been in three different relationships since our break up about 6 months ago. I don’t know what to do, or think about all this.

Favorite Answer

Three different relationships in six months - that's not a good sign that she's a strong woman.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already), forget about this girl unless she’s a strong person, and eventually look for this type of girl (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of woman is difficult to find - but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up

From your message, I don't see any mixed signals; I just see signals that she is interested in her current boyfriend, and not in you. In my experience, if you really really like someone the way that perhaps you liked her, it's SO hard to move on when you're still hanging out with them. I personally would look for another job. It's not your fault that you're still confused about her, that's just human nature. She isn't interested in you, but that's not your fault or her fault, it just is what it is. You deserve the chance to meet someone new who is interested in you as much as you like them, but that might be hard to do when you're always thinking about her because you keep having to see her at work. Give yourself a chance to find love by finding a new job. Good luck to you.