Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 months ago

how do i convince my dad to stop wearing short shorts and tube socks?

my dad always wears really short denim short shorts and tube socks. whenever we go out, he wears those immodest short shorts and tube socks with something stupid like mickey mouse or kangaroos on them .

everyone has tried asking him to stop, but he just ignores them. what should i do? its so embarrassing!

Favorite Answer

you cant, sooner or later sorneone will say sornething and he rnight stop doing it then

do you realize there are kids who deal with parents who are addicts/alcoholics....socks aren't so bad

Others have tried, you have tried, he clearly isn't interested in changing his garb. The only other alternative I can envision is to inform him that you will not go with him into any public setting, until and if he cleans up his act. Good luck, good wishes!

• Susie

Next time you get him a gift, make it an outfit you would like to see him in. But don’t be surprised if he continues to wear his usual. Just smile, shrug your shoulders and say, yeah that’s my dad, gotta love him.