Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 6 months ago

I changed my diet and now I’m getting severe migraines daily, why?

I recently started eating healthier and drinking only water. Since then every day I get a really bad migraine. Is it because I’ve cut out sugar or is something else wrong?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't worry, this is absolutely normal and it will go away in a few days.

I went to dietitian three months ago to lose weight and with the healthy programs she gave me, I started having severe migraines too. I told her about that and she said it's normal and many people who change their diets get migraines the first days but it eventually goes away.

Hope this helped and I also hope getting migraines doesn't stop you from eating healthy. XD

Good luck!

• 6 months ago

I’m sure it is either Caffeine or sugar!

Try a smoothie or Banana and Milk. This is the best protein you can get.

Good luck

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You HAVE to make sure you’re drinking enough water. It is EXTREMELY important for your body to stay hydrated enough. If you don’t drink enough water, you will get headaches.

• 6 months ago

Take somepainkillers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

if you were used to caffeine and you stopped that abruptly, yes you are going to have some really bad headaches.

• Eva
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Sugar could be the culprit, but it's more likely to be caffeine.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You may have Hypoglycemia. Try taking glucose supplements and increasing your sugar intake.

Are you diabetic?

• jimmy
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Did you drink coffee before, caffeine withdraw can cause headaches.

• Chris
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sounds like a herxheimer reaction. That is a good thing. It isn't pleasant in the short run, but it means that your body is detoxing. In the long run, you'll be thankful you did it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.