Kyle
Lv 7
Kyle asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 years ago

How do you think Mitchell Trubisky will do this year?

It's his third year with the team, but second year under HC Matt Nagy. and if history tells us anything, young QBs will do better under the same HC and a full off season to improve off from their first year with a new HC.

his first year he played 12 games and struggled with only 1400 yards, 7 tds and 7 ints.

but he improved greatly his second year playing 14 games. a modest, 3200 yards, 24 tds, 12 ints, and 3 rushing tds. along with a 95 passer rating.

with new play makers on the outside to throw too this year in patterson, ridley, along with a healthy Robinson and speedy Gabriel, he could have a MVP type season.

with a full year and if he stays healthy, under Nagy's offense, i can see him posting 4000 yards and 35 TDs, and MVP votes. not too mention with Mack having a full off season to practice with the defense, this could be a scary team. especially one that flies under the radar with the league focused on the Saints, Chiefs, Rams, Eagles, Patriots, or other teams too.

and the Bears will try to lock him up after next year, and could get similar dollars that Carson Wentz got. Trubisky will be a UFA when he's 28 in 2022, so the Bears will look to lock in their franchise QB.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I think Mitchell Trubisky's 2019 numbers will be in line with Donovan McNabb's 2001 season. In his 3rd season in the NFL, McNabb passed for 3233 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions, while completing 57.8% of his passes. McNabb's numbers from 2001 were not that much different from those in 2000, but the Eagles went further in the playoffs in his 3rd season (to the NFC Championship Game), than in his 2nd season. I can see Trubisky and the Bears making a similar playoff leap in 2019.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Without knowing what they did in the draft or what happened in free agency- I can't say for sure.

• Pronk
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

He’s no Mahomes,or Mayfield..

He’s very mediocre.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Probably the same as last year at best. Trubisky is just the next in a long line of mediocre Bears QBs. He’s just being propped up by a good offensive coach.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.