What is this pool gamemode?

So I played pool with my grandfather yesterday and he did not know 9 ball, so I told him to show me what he knew and I had never seen it before or known another gamemode like it. The starting layout looks like the one in the picture however in the picture the balls are in no specific order, in the game they are.... show more So I played pool with my grandfather yesterday and he did not know 9 ball, so I told him to show me what he knew and I had never seen it before or known another gamemode like it.

The starting layout looks like the one in the picture however in the picture the balls are in no specific order, in the game they are. Your points add up from the number in the ball, say i make the 7 ball I get 7 points and you have to go in order starting from 6. The 6 would be the first ball to pot then the 7 and your scoring keeps adding up. Fail to hit the lowest ball first you get subtracted the number you failed to hit and if you hit any other ball first the number of that ball is what gets subtracted. Ex: I have potted the 6,7,8 ball and have 21 points however manage to get a bad shot on the 9 ball and hit the 13, 13 would be deducted from my score, likewise if I don't hit any ball at all, 9 points would be deducted. Another rule is that if a player scratches, he automatically loses the game, which was my fate.

I have done considerable research and still not managed to find any leads on the gamemode. He said the name was chicago but i could not find anything on a gamemode named chicago. If anybody knows please let me know.

Ps: He is from cuba so that might help, I did not have any luck searching for cuban gamemodes.
0