Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Why do so many people here hate Catholicism?

I don't understand. Many users here say that Catholicism is not part of Christianity, you should stay away from Catholicism, etc. Why?

I guess they are thought of as child molesters. Give all the bad publicity in the last decade.

The seperate religion thing goes back to the protestant reformation. Papists were considered 'blasphemers.' Protestants were called 'heretics`.

Source(s): News media.

While first Catholics are Christians ,, but all Christian religions call all others not Christians

religions compete for power and money - that is what they are power over people

the catholic church is one of the richest entity on earth

people have been trained to hate the successful and rich

-------------

I am a atheist , my favorite Christians are Mormons because they for the most part are the most responsible

I am not fond of Catholics as a rule because the current pope is a Marxist and many members are liberal big government supporters -- but I know many who are good people

I do not hate the rich ,, I hope be one someday

But to me the difference between one Christian theology and the next is nothing.,.. there is no god

there is a big pissing war between Christians some think Jesus is also god Same person and some think Jesus is a separate person gods son.....

Oh boy they get prissy over this

both are myths - it means nothing either way

we create god in our own image

Sorry for the long quote, but the Venerable Bishop Fulton Sheen said it best:

"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church — which is, of course, quite a different thing. These millions can hardly be blamed for hating Catholics because Catholics “adore statues”; because they “put the Blessed Mother on the same level with God”; because they say “indulgence is a permission to commit sin”; because the Pope “is a Fascist”; because the “Church is the defender of Capitalism.” If the Church taught or believed any one of these things it should be hated, but the fact is that the Church does not believe nor teach any one of them. It follows then that the hatred of the millions is directed against error and not against truth. As a matter of fact, if we Catholics believed all of the untruths and lies which were said against the Church, we probably would hate the Church a thousand times more than they do."

Well I’m a Christian and I don’t think we should “stay away from Catholics” nor do I hate them. My boyfriend is actually a catholic and we do however butt heads a lot. My problem with Catholicism is that they pray to saints and pretty much worship the mother Mary. One of the Ten Commandments that are made very clear is their shall be no other God before me. If you are praying to someone other than God himself.. how is that not putting someone/something before God himself? Also how can Catholics justify this as not being idolatry? Catholics idolize saints by wearing necklaces of saints creating statues and etc. Another problem I have with Catholics is the “pope”. There is no man above another in the eyes of God. We all fall short of the glory of God including the pope. God wants a deep relationship with every single individual not just a pope and I Have no idea where the pope gets his “authority”because in my eyes it’s not biblical.

Bigotry.

NO

• Idk but if they consider Catholicism a separate religion, that makes Islam the biggest religion on earth, and the religion of Protestantism something like the 4th biggest

It's bigotry plain and simple.

atheist trolling ********************** ****************************