I got in school suspension will that effect my chance getting into a good highschool?

I slapped a kid because he was bullying my friend who has severe depression and he knows that and he bullied me before so I cracked and my school district let's you choose what high schools you want to go to and I'm in 7th grade so I have one more year until I get to high school but I have good grades and a high GPA and I wanted to know if this would effect my chances of getting into a good high school please answer fast.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I don't think it will. If there's an opportunity to explain your circumstances in your application to the new school, you should. However, most likely, there shouldn't be any problem. Best wishes.

• drip

Universities only want your high school transcript. What you did in middle school doesn’t matter.

I have never heard of a middle school infraction preventing you from going to a public HS. Your parents should be able to ask the school or school district

Doubt it. You defended yourself and a friend. You can choose regardless what your school says, it's your right to do so.