Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 year ago

Why do people want me to shave despite I let them know I don’t want to?

I have no family issues despite I am adopted however, the one thing I’ve been able to do better than any of my family so far is growing facial hair. None of the rest of my family can even grow a small mustache and I’m 17 and had a pretty good scraggly mustache growing in addition to a beard starting to grow in not to mention a unibrow as well. Despite I quite enjoyed it, my family acted like their jealous and everything and always tell me I HAVE to shave. However, today they were pressuring me so much that I finally just had to go through with it which is why I’m writing this in past tense. I just don’t feel the same anymore.

• Foofa
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not uncommon for pubescent children to want to assert what they perceive as their maturity by mimicking the physical cues adults use to communicate gender. For girls this is often dressing provocatively and for boys this is often trying to grow facial hair. While in otherwise well behaving children this can be harmless, it certainly doesn't impress employers or college admissions interviewers. So don't be so fast to try to grow beyond your age. There'll be plenty of time for facial hair once you're in the life position to properly evaluate whether that's going to be acceptable for the career you choose and the work environment in which you find yourself. You will, however, probably have to learn some grooming techniques for that unibrow as that can also prejudice people against you and make it harder to achieve your life goals.

1 year ago

rnaybe theyre jealous

• 1 year ago

Don’t shave and threaten them u will call the police if they did!