I am pregnant but my husband doesn't want children?

I haven't told him yet and I don't know what to do because he told me that he doesn't want children or at least not right now. I don't know if I want a abortion but it is an option I may consider. I didn't have strong opinions on whether or not I wanted children but I am focusing on my career... show more I haven't told him yet and I don't know what to do because he told me that he doesn't want children or at least not right now. I don't know if I want a abortion but it is an option I may consider. I didn't have strong opinions on whether or not I wanted children but I am focusing on my career right now and I am on the right track and I don't want to let a child ruin that. I am also considering adoption but I am unsure about that too and I am just so conflicted inside about my opinions on this and I keep going back and forth. Then one part of me wants to keep the baby and raise it and love it to death. My husband has his work and he feels like we can't support a child right now. Recently we have money in the bank from saving so I think we probably will be able to pull this off but it is not the money that he is worried about. He just doesn't want children until maybe our late 30's or early 40's but he is says he is not even sure if he wants any at all. I think I am about two weeks pregnant now but I still am uncertain what to do. I am afraid of his reaction to my news and I know he loves me too much to leave me but I am afraid he will be unhappy if I decide I want to keep it or give it up for adoption. I still don't know what I want. How can I tell him this in a way where it doesn't result in a argument and please give me your thoughts about the situation.
11 answers 11