Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 6 months ago

if you had $20 to spend a week on food what would you buy?

Favorite Answer

Never had to do this but I guess maybe chicken cuz I can get that $1 a pound. The cheapest vegetables and fruits I can find whether frozen, canned or fresh. Some potatoes, rice and beans. Maybe some eggs. That's probably it but I think it could get me through a week.

Some dollar store items are worth it, but Aldi's has great prices, too.

Bread

Peanut butter

Bananas

Chicken

Oatmeal

Canned Beans

Rice

Eggs

We did that a couple of years ago for lent. $2 per person, per day. We found it very uneconomic. The week after we finished, turkeys were on sale for $10, enought to feed us both nearly for a week, had we been able to take that much out of the weekly budget.

Hardly anything.

I'd have to pawn something or host a yard sale or something, because I have to feed six people each week, and two of us can't be eating carbs long-term (the cheapest, most filling foods for that amount). You can bet some of the food otherwise would not be prepped at home, but come from fast food, if only $20 to work with for one week (assuming there is some other food in the house.) Sorry it's not a smart Dave Ramsey answer. Been there, done that.

Maybe pizza

When I’ve been on diets I have spent close to $20 (£’s) a week...

I’d generally buy 2 packs of chicken, 2 bottles of milk, some seasoning, a diet shake mix and a few vegetables.

Eggs and coffee

• Yes

Taquitos and Salsa

Alcohol & frozen waffles

• 6 months agoReport

odd combination but ok lol