Are China and North Korea still allies? I thought I have heard, that their relationship is not as close as it used to be?

are they still allies though? obviously i'm referring to Mainland China, just asking, because I could have sworn I have heard before, that their alliance, relationship, is not as close as it used to be, but at the end of the day, is China, still North Korea's main ally?

Because I know that North Korea has very few international allies.

1 year ago

They are to some extent though China finds North Korea a bit of an embarrassment these days. They acted with great moderation by saying that if NK attacked another country they would not back them up, but if NK were attacked, they would. Brilliant diplomacy.

• 1 year ago

they still are relationship can be overt or covert or illusory

• gerald
    1 year ago

Americans hear lots of things and assume lots of things when really they shouldn't they are countries of their own right China came to their aid because America were murdering them on mass huge bombing raids were flattening the country millions of humans died that's the truth 10,000 miles away it was no threat at all

• 1 year ago

They are both Communist states,two of the very few left today,however as China seems to be only moderate these days I wonder how far they would want to back that NK guy ?