Kit Kat asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 9 months ago

Are slingshots good for self defense?

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends. I load mine with .50 caliber lead balls - the ones black powder rifle people use. My slingshot is similar to yours. A hit to the body will break the skin easily. That is usually enough to take the fight out of someone. A headshot can kill. I'm a pretty good shot, having 50 years of practice. I don't know how good of a shot you are.

When compared to a gun, it's actually faster to load and fire the slingshot - if you follow guidelines (and in some places laws) that prohibit leaving loaded guns within easy access - than a firearm.

The slingshot is very quiet compared to a firearm. That way if you are in a situation such as a burglary with two or more perpetrators, you can take one out without alerting his / her partner(s).

My .50 caliber lead balls will penetrate one layer of sheetrock but not a second, unlike a bullet which will go right through a wall and can kill someone on the other side.

There are pros and cons to the slingshot but that's my take on it.

• J. c
      Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

LMAO!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Not for the average person.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Well, David killed Goliath with one....so...

• ...Show all comments
    • curmudgeon55
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

David used a long cord with pocket sling, that type is still in use today by Palestinian protestors tossing rocks and gasoline bombs over walls/fences.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

If you are a good enough shot to hit them in the head or eye, yes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It would probably serve more to aggravate someone or something rather than provide a real defense. Maybe it could discourage someone unwilling to take a hit with a rock assuming you could get it out fast enough.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.