Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 8 months ago

boss is jelous of my overtime!?

Update:

i decided to do looads of overtime recently, i just thought i would try to do as my as humanly possible but my boss seems to Hate it! because we have to put it through to him to authorise... my boss has turned into syco crazy person! he has made contant threats to me, and of course to my job in end. got in a big huff and walked off because he trying to move me into different seat randomly for no reason at all.(but i know the reason is the o/t)!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Speak with his boss.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Stoo
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

He's probably not jealous of your spelling ability. Or overtime.

Your boss is there to manage costs - overtime costs the company money and often bosses are held accountable for going over budget, especially on overtime which is easily controlled by hiring more people or adjusting schedules to spread work over time.

You don't get to decide to do overtime - it's his choice and his prerogative to say no. If you're randomly trying to work overtime because of selfish reasons, you can and will be fired as being insuborinate.

Grow up and learn how to spell please.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If the boss starts to get upset, then just say "okay, I assume OT is not authorized and xxxx will have to wait". It's their call if they want to pay OT to get work completed quicker.

• 8 months ago

Quit.

Today.

Now.

(You do not have to put up with that!)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

1. I don't see a question here, just a rant.

2. In many places of employment, overtime must be approved in advance. Did you do that or did you just decide to do "looads" of OT and then be surprised when someone in authority got upset.

• Lynden8 months agoReport

it is firstly approved on the schedule, but we have to it through to your boss afterwards as well to authorise...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.