Dayton JC4PM asked in PetsReptiles · 6 months ago

What happened, why has Brexit lost?

Why did Brexit lose in Peterborough? I thought it was keen on Brexit. Are we stuck in the EU.

Don't you think Labour have done well? You'd expect them to lose after having their MP jailed. I bet Boris is panicing.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Most people don't vote on brexit for MP's, the recent EU election won't be repeated on the commons just like it wasn't the case with UKIP.

• 6 months ago

Xsvtbtgbdvcdcrcrvrvttbtbybybybybtbbt

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Farce

• John P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Clearly you have an extremely simplistic view of the world and of politics in Britain. I have to assume that you are about 10 years old and have not seen the news in the last few years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Well done to the Labour party, and the people who campaigned for them. Well done to the people of Peterborough, for sending Farage sneaking out of the count with his tail between his legs.

• 6 months ago

Peterborough has said that it wants a pragmatic-compromise on leaving the EU and not a Tory come brexit party laissez-faire crash-out.

The fumes and intoxication from the brexit lies, are now starting to wear-off.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Labour barely hung on to a party that had only been around six weeks.

Why not play the add up the votes game remoaners played when they were hammered in the EUs?

If you add the Torres, UKIP, brexit and other leave ‘parties’ the ‘remoaners’ were hammered again.

Labour and tories were big losers (again) to new kids on the block.

• Land-shark
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Many Tory brexiteers jumped ship to the Brexit Party there. Still only a few percentage points to play with. Still a log jam in Parliament which only dirty tricks like shutting it down early can hope to bypass.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Peterborough voted 61% leave in 2016. Even if you combine the Brexit, Conservative and UKIP votes, in Peterborough those voting to leave EU (without a 2nd referendum) comes to 51% - a 10% shift in the three years since the referendum.

This is a clear sign that Brexit is no longer the will of the people, and we need a second referendum to ascertain what actually now is "the will of the people" - a referendum putting a viable leaving plan (even 'no deal') aganst remain.

Nāga - if the winning side in this election are proven to have illegally overspent and told outright lies in their election material, I support your call for a second vote. I also accept that in 3 years time, the people of Peterborough might well have changed their mind on who their MP should be, so there should be another vote in Peterborough by 2022 at the latest.

EDIT - Look at the idiot "1" in the comments. If they voted Labour, they voted for a second referendum. It's clear party policy.

• Rightman
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Lots of labour voters are brexiters too.

• Nāga
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I demand a second vote as they didn't know what they were voting for.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because David Cameron is a fool who thought to weaken the anti-EU faction of his own party (HIS OWN PARTY!) by conducting a losing vote on leaving the EU. Instead, the Russians seized on his stupidity and manipulated morons into voting for Brexit.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Arrogant little dodgy conniving bastard shot himself in the foot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.