If the black box is indestructible?
Why don’t they make rest of the plane out of the same material?
- Anonymous6 months agoFavorite Answer
because stank chungus isn't working on it
- oliviaLv 56 months ago
The remainder of the black box — including the power supply and circuit sheets — doesn't have similar assurances and likely could be decimated in an accident. All that security implies that secret elements are recuperated and valuable considerably more frequently than not, which is the reason the innovation has suffered for such a long time.
- FredLv 76 months ago
The Black boxes are very strong but not indestructible. They are also put at the back of the plane believing in most crashes that is the best place for them to survive the crash. If the rest of the plane was built of the same material as the black boxes it would be too heavy to take off. Also the body can only take a certain number of G forces and it is the collision G forces that kill many who die even if they are found looking unhurt but dead in their seats. It is the Black Boxes small size that makes them easy to build very strong but a plane of the same material would still be a mass of wreckage in a crash.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous6 months ago
AAAH, HAHAHA! They do. It survives because it's inside & in a metal box, It doesn't survive because it's made out of different material.
- John AldenLv 76 months ago
It would be too heavy to fly.
- JosephLv 76 months ago
You thought that one all by yourself?
- ZackLv 76 months ago
1. Black boxes are not indestructible. They are very strong, but they can be destroyed.
2. Making the plane out of the same material would make it MUCH heavier.
3. Think about body armor: the armor will prevent the bullet from going through the armor (unless the bullet is a .50 BMG or poweful) but the person wearing it will still feel a lot of the force from the bullet and probably suffer some injuries. Same logic if the plane was made out of indestructible material - an indestructible plane would not prevent the passengers from feeling some of the impact. If an indestructible plane were to crash at hundreds of mph, the passengers would feel enough force to die.
- JetDocLv 76 months ago
They're NOT. They're not black either. Flight data recorders and cockpit voice recorders are actually painted bright orange, and are well insulated and protected against damage, but they are NOT "indestructible."
- Anonymous6 months ago
Here's a real kick in the pants for you, they are both made mainly from aluminum.