Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 6 months ago

Drone or GoPro?

I want to do some filming at the beach this year, but I don't know if I should film with a GoPro while riding in a helicopter or if I should just buy a camera drone. Which one would have better film quality?

Neither has anything to with film.

• keerok

Video quality will depend highly on your skill. The camera is only a tool. Between a GoPro and a drone, I prefer a Sony Handycam.

Definitely the helicopter. Helicopters are cool.

• Frank

A GoPro uses a fisheye lens while a typical drone does not. With a helicopter, you're limited in where you can go (e.g. you can't hover a helicopter 20' over a busy boardwalk or even a building). Considering how good some drones are (e.g. high-end DJI models), along with the flexibility of what you can do with a drone and where you can fly it compared to a helicopter, I'd go with a drone.

All depends on which exact camera you buy, I would myself, film with a drone, it is easier, faster, and it looks nice. Filming with a GoPro may have better quality, but will be harder to do.

rnaybe you can do both