My phone just tried to factory reset itself, how did this happen and how do I prevent it in the future?

I was playing a mobile game (Clash Royale) and out of nowhere, a popup screen came up over the game saying something like "Setting back to factory settings. Rebooting..." so immediately I held the power button until the phone died. I was terrified that I lost everything, but luckily I was just in time to save it. How could this happen? I didn't download any weird apps or anything. The only thing I can think of is that I have been struggling with storage space (I have to delete cache files almost every day, I know I should probably clean my phone) but that can't cause it to factory reset itself right?

The phone is a 2 and a half year old Oneplus 3t

• Olive
    Favorite Answer

Try this and see if helps, it wont delete any data pics etc. Just fixes issues on phones 1. Turn phone off then press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons at same time till OnePlus Logo appears then let go buttons 2. Use volume button to go to English then tap Power button to confirm 3. Choose "Wipe Data and Cache" 4. Now choose "Wipe Cache" 5. Confirm by tapping Yes 6. Once its completed go to Reboot and confirm with Power button. And once restarted issue should be gone

Somebody probably sent you a phone prank! There is several phone pranks you can send people that say stuff like that or cause behavior that resembles a virus or malware it's just phone prank it goes away when you reset your phone it comes over the text message.