Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 6 months ago

Do you think my local theater if I ask them would pay me to review movies that they show?

No. . They night ask you to promote them on social media.

No, they not pay for reviews.

Theaters are not in a position to suggest against (or for) the films they contract to show. Its a business.

No. Theaters don't pay for movie reviews. They just show the movie.

no

Unlikely. The only people who would pay you to review anything might be a magazine or newspaper and even those don't generally pay reviewers.

I've been reviewing books and publishing those reviews in various journals for nearly 40 years and no one has ever paid me. What I am "paid" in are the books themselves.

You might be given free movie/theater passes, but are unlikely to be paid for the reviews themselves.

No. Why would they do that?

They want you to pay them $15 to watch the movie and spend $20 on popcorn and a water too. They don't give two shiits what you think about the movie as long as you pay for your ticket.