Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 6 months ago

Would you like to visit certain European cities (where ancestors of Americans departed from (before arriving in the US) and museums that?

tell background information/stories of immigration and immigrants?

BREMEN and BREMERHAVEN ARE SUCH PLACES

Leiden in the Netherlands has a small cute pilgrim museum and a special tribute to the ones that didn't make it, who were barried in the Pieterskerk.

• Orla C

That's every European city so.

Yes. I have been to several and enjoyed them

• Bernd

Some of my ancestors came from Hannover Germany and Norway. It would a joy to visit both.

Yes. I've just recently found out where one of the branches of the family comes from, but it's impossible to get records on where they lived and what they did in Europe. I'd love to visit a place that stored records that could be searched.

• Michele K

There are records in European countries, because Catholic parishes/churches and protestant states have very old birth certificates

Yes. Sounds good. When do we leave?

• John

I don't even care about the Americans part. Learning the history of places is one of the main reasons to travel.