Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 6 months ago

Is there a way to remove clouds?

I have heard of sulfur iodide, but his damages the environment, people pay big money to have clouds seeded around the area of their wedding, it then rains for about two days and then they'll get clear skies for their wedding day, but as i said it damages the environment. I can't think of any other way except for something like what Wilhelm Riech would have used, but i think his machine was only for creating clouds to make rain in arid areas.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I wanna remove thunderstorms too!

• 6 months ago

Flash them with high powered masers ...

• Mike
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Build a giant fan and power it with 100 nuclear reactors

• 6 months ago

Dirac, Attention Whore

He really is a trifle bore

Narcissism is his core

Vanity forever more!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dirac
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

It's silver iodide, not sulfur iodide, and the amounts used don't really have a significant effect on the environment. Both silver iodide and frozen carbon dioxide can induce ice crystal nucleation in supercooled water clouds. If you have a supercooled cloud then you might be able to clear things somewhat in a thin cloud, because the ice crystals will be heavy enough to fall out the cloud.

If it's a water cloud where the droplets are above freezing, then seeding isn't going to do anything.

In general, the answer to your question is no, there is no way to remove clouds.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.