Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 months ago

Why do rental agencies prefer people to call them?

So I was talking to this agent and he was asking me if I’ll be living by myself, if I live pets, etc. Why ask if I’ll be living by myself? After I said yes, he added “This is why I ask people to call because it’s easier to talk”

• Blonde
    Favorite Answer

They want to pre-screen you, it saves time. Some people are just fishing or looking, not serious about moving...or talking to multiple agencies at the same time. Also, a single person would not be interested in a three bedroom apartment or a big house, your input then narrows the places he can show you...his inventory maybe large. It also saves time. Time equals money. Often realtors only make money on their work product and not a salary or hourly wage. Please, understand this. So, for his benefit and yours, be upfront as much as possible in your ideal future home or apartment. :)

because its easier for them to talk...its harder for me, i use writing to accommodate a disability, but a$$es still refuse..its actually a federal law violation to refuse to accommodate my disability, but they don't care because the law is not enforced

• Dimple

rental codes. if you have over x amount of people in a rental.. The landlord can get fined for fire reasons.

Also to help you find a rental with the right amount of rooms.

I don't know