UK to USA travel adapter? Which one?

I m going to New York next month and I need to buy a travel adapter, but I don t know if I need a two pin or three pin.

2 pin, it'll fit 3 pin one too.

• Snezzy

Try to understand what you are doing. In many instances you will find that the voltage is incorrect and that your equipment won't work as you expected it should.

• M.

I'd get a 3-prong plug for the USA 120 volt input to your converter.

Only old houses have 2-conductor receptacles.

There are multi use adapters now that have all kinds of pins in them (one adapter); most adapters will state which countries they are used in. Also, our pins are not round, they are flat.

• Etta

2 pin and make sure it is the flat pins and not round pins for places like Spain, you get them in Poundshops.

You can get adaptors that have a variety of plugs. Or if you get a 3 plug adaptor, you can get an extension that converts it to 2. Older places may not have the 3 plug outlets.

Some sockets might not have a third pin, so get one with two to make sure that it will fit.

2 pins

• Greg

3-pin includes a ground. Almost all outlets have the ground hole.