How much are American monitor 16x speakers worth? 1978-1983?

Very little, due to their age and the fact that such old speakers tend to need reconing.

for using yourself,ordering off e bay leaves a lot of people with stuff that was broken did not perform,hard as hell to get a refund

if they work well,look what 3 on line outfits sell them for

I bought 3 ADS blk matte studio monitors, for 15 bucks in the 90s,the still deliver clean 100wpc sound ( RMS) I did have to remove the backs to solder speaker wires direct onto the cones, cabinets had no pos & neg red/blk screw on posts,the suspension material is rubber,,not the charcoal foam crap that crumbles in pieces after a couple years

I understand that the AMC line was fairly good, somewhat high end for its time, some models get sold for 1200 a pair, depending, on the classic market, but the company was likely one of those who came and went in the high end competitive climate of the late sixties/seventies. Most these days would be rebuilds with replaced comparable drivers, not actually the original pristine units, and have low market recognition, so hard to say. Probably worth hanging onto for their sonic properties. Someone compared the 12's to the bigger JBL floor monitors, as a clone. I knew someone in Michigan with a pair of their medium sized towers. My personal appreciation was that they were OK sounding, but not high end.

If they are in Absolutely Pristine (like-new) condition,

they might bring a few hundred.

If they are beat-up, maybe $35 for the pair.

Have a local audio nut look at them and try to find comparables on eBay.

"American" is country of origin or brand name on speakers? "16x" is model or the number of speakers? Picture? Link on Internet?

Source(s): Friend was family member of makers of "SARAS" classical music speakers made in 1970s and 80s, still treasured by some for fine reproduction. Worth $$$ if you find a pair. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/speakers-saras-s...

Electronic equipment has no second-hand value. Mostly they are outdated.

Peace.