Why should teens learn about fake news and misinformation?

So society wouldn't be doomed by the time we see the 2040s.

• Linda

They NEED to know the difference; just like right and wrong.

Because they need to learn not to be brain washed. Or believe everything they hear. Do their research so they can make their opinion. So they don’t make rash decisions out of fear and lies

Once, my teen daughter turned me in. She talked to a male teacher & went to social services. Instead of taking me out of the home, they took her. After two weeks they sent her back. She was grateful & cried in my arms. Her teacher told the class that dads are imbeciles & girls are better off with only moms! After the two weeks,he was dismissed.

Back when I was a kid, what was written in black and white (newspapers) and heard on the news was NEVER questioned and always taken as fact. We learned to respect and believe what we read and heard.

Boy has that ever changed!! You cannot believe a thing you hear or read, media reporting wise. Things are taken out of context and literally pure fiction reporting. Everything I read, I dilute with a gallon of water and even then, it is not entirely believable.

Teens should be aware of the fake news they are being fed. If they are interested in a certain topic, there are ways to fact check information to see how reliable the reporting actually is.

• Snid

That it exists. They should learn to fact check.

• helene

So they will be AWARE that they are being manipulated and exploited.

They're just puppets on strings otherwise.

to avoid CNN / MSNBC.....NEW YORK TIMES / Washington Post

• John P

Because they will be party of the general world of humans, if they are not already thus.

Turn off CNN, MSNBC, and other liberal media outlets in order to avoid fake news.

• Snid

Of course you MEANT Fox News.