Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 5 months ago

Will be going to London for vacation family, what are some fun things to do? (food, events, shopping)?

And we wanted to go somewhere else out of London for about 3-5 days, any suggestions? (we were thinking Paris or Barcelona for example)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I would visit York

• F
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

yeh, it's just on the outskirts of London.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Your question is really too vague. London is a huge city and offers so much to see and do that you will need to be a little more specific. When will you be here? What does your family like doing? What do you want to buy? What type of foods do you enjoy? More information, please, then we can give you some proper answers.

• Marty
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

food is KFC or McDonalds or Wimpy's nothing special

events you need to check the guide book available at news stands

shopping is very expensive at branded stores like Marks & Spencer

• August
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Don't try and discredit London@Marty

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

In the UK you could visit Windsor, Cardiff, Brecon Beacons, Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, the Lake District to name but a very few.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ray
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

In addition to the excellent suggestions you have had from other answerers I suggest Lisbon and Porto in Portugal. They are brilliant places.

• 5 months ago

Look on sites like TimeOut to see what's on when you're there

Nearby, you've got the whole of Europe - think about what you might want to see. There's also other places in the UK - Edinburgh, for example

• 5 months ago

OK, yes, you can cross the "chunnel" to Paris pretty easily, but Paris deserves more than 3 days. Barcelona is further away. You might consider side visits to Oxford, Bath, or Manchester. There's so much to do in London, you really need to look at a tourist guide. I've spent many weeks there and still haven't exhausted all there is to do. It depends on what you enjoy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.