How do you to get to the Princeton Junction Train Station in New Jersey from Penn Station in Manhattan?

I'm visiting a friend in a couple of weeks. They live in New Jersey. I live in Brooklyn. I've never been there but we agreed to meet at Princeton Junction. I know Penn Station can take me there but I'm not sure which one to take once I get there. Google Maps mentioned Northeast Corridor Trenton Transit... show more I'm visiting a friend in a couple of weeks. They live in New Jersey. I live in Brooklyn. I've never been there but we agreed to meet at Princeton Junction. I know Penn Station can take me there but I'm not sure which one to take once I get there. Google Maps mentioned Northeast Corridor Trenton Transit Center. Is that a transfer? Do I have to buy a ticket? Can I use the MTA metrocard?

Any help will be grateful.